[TowerTalk] tower mast installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower mast installation
From: mainhart@juno.com (Rick Mainhart)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 19:03:20 -0400
That's what HiGain has done with their 4-30 MHz LPA array, with the twin
tower setup. Two towers mounted side by side (maybe 3' apart) with a 6"
or so mast between them, with the rotor at the base of the tower. The
mast is sectioned with flanges (and gussets).

While I doubt you need to go to that extreme, you could extend your mast
all the way down the tower with just a thrust bearing at the top, and the
rotor at the bottom (bearing the weight of the mast, the thrust bearing
taking the antenna weight).

Sure would be different ... and probably expensive.

73,

Rick, WB3EXR