[TowerTalk] anchor points

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] anchor points
From: k1my@nlis.net (Bruce Makas)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 15:50:15 -0400
It seems to me that it would be easier to drill round holes with a tractor
powered post hole digger for the guy wire anchor points than try and dig
them by hand. If I use the same amount of concrete as spec'd by Rohn for
their rectangular anchor, wouldn't I be OK? For anchor "4b" that would be
.67 yards.

Let's see, 3.14(1)(1)=3.14 sq ft circle and 9cu ft (.67 cu yd) = 6 cubic
feet;  then 6/3.14 = 2 feet .... drill a 24" hole 4 feet deep, gravel on
the bottom, 2 ft of concrete and dirt should make it about equal. Am I close?

By the way has anyone ever calculated "D" on the Rohn "Standard Concrete
Anchors" drawing C620643. I can't find it anywhere on the print.

Thanks in advance, Bruce

                                             \\\|///
                                             ( O O )
                     |  Bruce Makas, K1MY        ex: K1MTY, W9NSM, W4PAK,   |
                     |  58 Stonegate Road            N9AFY, KB9US, KS9Z     |
                     |  Cape Elizabeth, Maine    E-mail: k1my@nlis.net      |
                     |  04107     USA            Phone: 207 / 767-8150      |
                                           ||     ||