[TowerTalk] anchor points

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] anchor points
From: (Monte Stark)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 07:20:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Chuck Dietz wrote:

> Jan & Del Seay wrote:
> >
> > Remember the goal is not to provide x-lbs of concrete to hold the
> > load, but to provide a device that requires movement of x-yards
> > of undisturbed earth. A flat sided device will require more earth
> > to be moved per yard of concrete, than does a round device.
> I agree, however, I would drill with the tractor and then square the
> holes with a "sharpshooter" shovel and hand post hole diggers...

Hi Chuck,

Keep in mind that you could use the power auger to dig about 3 or 4
holes in a row and then clean them out with a shovel. This would give
you the trench you need for the anchor, use power to do the hardest
part of the digging and avoid having to use a backhoe!

73, Ron,     SOWP 5545M,

.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark..... Lake, Nevada....
....QRP-L #17...ARS #49...NorCal #330.....NRA LIFE.....