[TowerTalk] drilling chromoly es similar pipe

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] drilling chromoly es similar pipe
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:10:08 +0000
On  1 Jul 97, Bob Wruble <> wrote:

> pin or not to is the question........i mostly do not as i wud rather
> re orient the beam time or tw9 a year than tear up a rotator....
> blew the gears outa
> a coupla  of hdr 300's a few years ago.....before they beefed up
> the gears!!   for small arrays like a tri-bander i wud pin...
FWIW, I have a TH7 and 40-2CD pinned in a T2X for 7 years now. No
problems, so far. Did have the 40 rotate about 5 degrees in a 70-80
mph gust a few years ago...

The only negative I can foresee is re-aligning the hole in the rotor
plate  and hole in the mast if and when I need to swap rotors, etc.

Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet:
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club