[TowerTalk] Ham-4 rotor Capacity (fwd)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-4 rotor Capacity (fwd)
From: (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 11:54:43 EDT
On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 13:53:32 -0700 (PDT) Pat Barthelow <>

>will the Ham-4 handle any of the followinng antennas:
>1. Cush craft 20 Meter Monobander, CD 20-4
>2. Hy Gain KT-34XA, 32 ft. boom
>3. Cushcraft 2el 40 meter
>4. KLM - Custom, 5 el 20, 56 ft Boom
>5. KLM 5 element, 15 meter  beam, 35 ft boom.

I have a Ham IV that has been turning a KT-34XA with
a 40-2CD six feet above it for about two years now.
Last summer, during a big windstorm, one of the
u-bolts that secures the mast to the rotator broke.
Fortunately, the second u-bolt held. Apparently,
as reported by others, the 1/4 inch u-bolts are a
weak link. I remember seeing on the reflector a
procedure for converting to 5/16 u-bolts. Maybe
someone can dredge that one up again.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL