[TowerTalk] texas towers back order

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] texas towers back order
From: (Bob Scott)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:50:28 -0500

> Again, my aplogy for the problem. Too bad there can't be an
> positive message from the more than 1000 other customers whose
orders were
> delivered without a hitch last month!
> 73 de Gerald Williamson, K5GW, Owner/General Manager, Texas Towers

Not to get into any kind of argument, but, I have had very good luck
Texas Towers. I ordered my Yaesu FT-990 from them in Nov. 1995 and it

was shipped promptly. I just received another radio from them. I
a Yaesu FT-920 from them on a Thursday, and they said it would go out
on Friday. It is usually 3-4 business days for shipping to Indiana. I
had the
radio on the following Wednesday, six days after I ordered it. I
can't complain
about that on a radio that wasn't in stock in most shops.

I also had a problem with the FT-990. The fellow I spoke to said to
ship it
back to them and they would send it to Yaesu, as he promised that
could get it repaired quicker than if I sent it to them direct. The
radio was
sent to them and I had it back in 15 days. I probably couldn't have
had it
back on my own that quick.

Of course these were large purchases, and your mileage may vary......

Name: Bob Scott
E-mail address: or
Web site:
Amateur radio Web site:
Amateur radio call: KF9YH
Member: Society of Midwest Contesters
Member: National Registry of E.M.T.'s (Paramedic)
Opinions expressed here are solely those of the author