[TowerTalk] Upside down mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Upside down mast
From: (Richard M. Thorne)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 20:52:37 -0500
I've been doing alittle thinking on masts.  A while back someone
told me about, what I call an upside down mast.  It looks like this:

                        | <----Regular Mast
                     |  |
                     | | | <-----Tower
 Lower Mast--------> | | |
                     | | |
                       | |
                       | |

This is not a very good illustration but hopefully it depicts my
thoughts.  Basically its similar to a side mount except that another
mast is going down (assume the top 10' of tower is unguyed).

Has anybody tried this?, it maybe a good way to maximize the mast
that you have.  I was thinking of putting a tribander on the top mast
and a 2 element 40 on the lower mast.

Richard Thorne - WB5M
Amarillo, TX