[TowerTalk] 75 ohm feedline

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm feedline
From: (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 17:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
I dont understand the need for these boxes if you are feeding monoband
yagis.  The ARRL Antenna Handbook and ON4UN's book both describe how to use
asynchronous transformers out of coax.  I use them for all my antennas.  No
failures yet.   N4RJ used these boxes on his 10M stack.  A little water...
and BZZZZT... QRT.

Bill, W4AN

At 12:23 PM 7/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't understand the reluctance to use 50 to 75 ohm impedance
>transfomers. I built two of the ones featured in all recent ARRL
>Handbooks - took me about an evening, and total cost was about $30
>including the boxes. They work GREAT. When I put them into my system, I
>had one in backwards because of a stupid mistake, and the resulting SWR
>was 2:1. I figured out what was wrong and turned the transformer around
>and all was beautific.
>I run 1500 watts to them and they stay cool. I can't imagine why anyone
>would bother to do it any other way!
>Bob W9KNI
>FAQ on WWW:
>Administrative requests: