[TowerTalk] Pulling coax in conduit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pulling coax in conduit
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 23:10:26 -0500
In reference to getting a rope thru a long piece of PVC or conduit,
When confronted with that situation (250 feet of 3" PVC already
buried underground), I found a large piece of sponge rubber, carefully
cut it into a ball shaped 2 7/8" (or as close as I could get it just
under the 3" size) ball, threaded it with some 80# test nylon cord
with a needle, put a cardboard "washer" on the far side and knoted
the thread on the far side of the cardboard washer and placed it in
the PVC.  I then cranked up my 150 mph leaf blower and blew that
@#$%^&* thru the 250 feet of PVC in about 10 seconds flat.  Worked
like a charm.  Strongly recommend it.

Best Regards,

Rod, W5HVV