[TowerTalk] Upside down mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Upside down mast
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 02:42:05 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Richard....

Yes, I have used this technique successfully. Mine had a 204BA at the top of
the "regular" mast, at 80 feet, about 12 feet above the flat plate. I had a
Wilson 4-el 15m yagi (17-ft boom) at 70 feet, just above the flat plate.
"Down-hung" from the 15m boom was a "lower mast" of about 8 feet to place a
3-el. 10-m yagi at 62 feet or so, just above the top set of guys. Mine had
the 10m yagi at right angles to the 15m yagi (heading off by 90 degrees) due
to poor engineering on my part! With a little care you can have it line up
in the same direction. A Tailtwister turned the whole works, and the tower
was Rohn 45. I had this up about two years before I raised the tower to 120
feet and mounted things differently.

I got the idea from N8NA, who had a KLM 3-el. 40m yagi and a TH6DX mounted
this way on a 75-foot Rohn 45 tower. I'm not sure but think the 40m yagi was
on the regular mast and the TH6 was on the lower mast.

73/Jon AA1K