[TowerTalk] Identify Rotator??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identify Rotator??
From: n1qqv@cshore.com (Ken Freedman)
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 06:37:59 -0400
Hi Gang,

     I was given a rotator but there is no control box and no schematic.
It looks pretty old outside but not in too bad shape inside.  There is
nothing by way of ID on the outside.  I'll try to describe it:

It's composed of two major castings, a top (bell shaped) with u-bolts for a
mast, and a bottom with u-bolts for a mast. Two smaller castings combine to
form a double row thrust bearing with 6 captive balls on each side and the
carrier for the stamped gears and a 4 pole (AC?) motor.  There is no brake.
 There is a pivoting mechanical stop that acts on the ring gear and allows
about 115 degrees of rotation.

Internally, on the side of the motor, there is a paper label that has
written on it: 50374 08   CDE 1077 602.  It uses 4 wires: 2 plus a common
for the motor and 1 (with common) for a pair of contact points.

This doesn't look like anything I would want to use on the top of the tower
I'm putting up!  On the other hand, it might be useful for lighter duty if
I can get it to run.  Can anyone tell me what it is, and maybe what voltage
it runs on??

TNX and 73, Ken

Ken Freedman
AKA: N1QQV/QRP  VE, EC Madison CT, QRP-L
Living Proof That, "You don't have to be a blonde to be light headed!"