[TowerTalk] correct beam headings

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] correct beam headings
From: (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 12:35:19 -0400 (EDT)
The best way to correctly aim your beam (at least in the USA) is to buy a
compass with the offset declination for your area already marked.  My Dad
was a forester (surveyor too) and I have an old Silva Type 15T with the
proper marking for Mississippi.  When I moved to Georgia I talked to friend
of mine at Forestry Suppliers and he said I would be within 2 degrees. I use
the compass several times a year and could not do without it.

Check with anyone that handles Surveying equipment, forestry supplies, or
camping/hiking equipment. I looked at the compass sold for scouting and it
is not marked!

Dave K4JRB