[TowerTalk] While we're on grounding . .

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] While we're on grounding . .
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 06:27:53 -0700
Dear Tower Talk,

Since I am having my ham shack built (as a 9x22 finished section of the
garage), it just occurred to me that maybe there are other useful
construction options open to hams starting their shack from scratch.

I could shield the entire room at this point if that is something that would
help reduce reciever noise or reduce rfi/tvi from my rig if I should go to
higher power some day.

Or maybe there are optimum wiring techniques for the ham shack described
somewhere?

Or maybe the 'ground window' could be made more efficient if it were
designed into the contruction of the room?  Surely the routes to ground rods
could be improved by integrating them into the construction - like pounding
a number of evenly spaced rods through the freshly poured cement slab?

Does anyone know where this has been discussed or written about - this
'dream shack' idea?

There will never be a better time for me to ask these questions, so I don't
mind exposing my ignorance <g>.

73,
 Frank
 W0ECS