[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Galvanized ground rod co

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Galvanized ground rod co
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.PacBell.COM (Woods, Eric D (edwoods))
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:54:00 -0700
The connections between the ground electrodes and the ground electrode 
conductors should be either made with an exothermic weld (Cadweld) or with a 
mechanical connector listed for that use (buried, outdoor).  It would be 
nice to cadweld the tower to the ground electrode system as well, but I'm 
not sure that the ham towers in use generally are substantial enough to hold 
up to an exothermic event.

Use a good mechanical clamp, and use something like "No-Ox" to prevent the 
build-up of nonconducting crappolla.

Eric, K6GV

 What is the appropriate connector
for the connection between the ground rod and ehs cable and   the ehs cable
and the tower?

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • [TowerTalk] Galvanized ground rod co, Woods, Eric D (edwoods) <=