Fwd: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower Guys

To: <>
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower Guys
From: (
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 02:45:49 -0400 (EDT)
Forwarded message:
From: (T. A. Russell)
To: <>
Date: 97-07-11 11:04:06 EDT

>I have a quick question, if a tower is guyed at 4 points (90 degrees)
>than 3 points ( 120 degrees) will I gain any effective guy ratio or
>can the 4 points by moved in any and keep the same effective 3 point

Guying 4 ways (every 90 degrees) gives a 15% increase in guy load
capacity.  To maintain equal capacity with 3 way guying, a 15% reduction
in guy distance would seem possible (I have not yet considered ALL the
possibilities), but this is NOT a lot...Would you feel safe with only a
safety margin?  (I wouldn't!)

de  Tom  N4KG