[TowerTalk] Rohn tower assembly

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower assembly
From: (Jerry K. Liley)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 08:35:30 -0500
On Sun, 13 Jul 1997 08:07:43 -0500 Dale Martin <> writes:
>On Sunday, July 13, 1997 7:42 AM, Jerry K. Liley[]
>You are then ready to go down,  fit another
>>section and proceed to the next section.
>>I hope this helps someone.   It has worked for me for 40 years.
Onemore time.......
>>GROUND PREPARATION is the key.    One more thing.....It is handy  to
>>one helper on the ground because it saves a lot of trips up and down
>>tower but all the ground person needs to be able to do is drive the
>>tractor,   not lift anything heavy.    The XYL can do that very well.
>>Once the section is secure she can drive the tractor back to the
>>point so you can reposition the gin pole for the next section.    That
>>saves ONE up and down. <grin>Jerry,
>If the person on the ground can 'drive' the tractor, that person
>should be trainable to do the rope tying to the next new section.
>That way, the tower person can remain on the tower.
>Dale Martin, KG5U

I will probably get into trouble with this......but it is Sunday and the
"GIRLS" are at church and won't see it...........<grin>

Dale would you trust your wife to tie a knot strong enough to hold
anything heavier than your darned socks?????

There!     I did it!     It feels good......Gee,  I hope she doesn't see
this   <grin>

73,  Jerry   K0GUG....