[TowerTalk] Rohn tower assembly

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower assembly
From: (
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 12:34:06 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-13 11:39:07 EDT, (Dale Martin)

> The worst knots I have ever seen have been done by hams;
>  many who I thought would or should know better.    How many
>  times have we been up on a tower only to have a beam or
>  tower section raised to us to find the knot was obviously
>  made by someone who did not know knots?
     Amen. I normally use the station owner and other volunteers as my ground
crew and sometimes get a 'wad' of rope that was supposed to be a knot of some
sort. I try to make it a part of my Ground Crew Meeting at the start of every
job. There's a surprising amount of information to cover (commands, rope
management, hardware, safety, etc.).

73 and safe climbing,  Steve  K7LXC