[TowerTalk] cross country twr purchase

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cross country twr purchase
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:49:51 -0700
>If anyone has bought a used tower, I sure would like to hear any suggestions
>on ways to protect the interests of both the buyer and seller and transport
>the thing.

Find out when the tower was built and then check/verify this with US Tower.
When I talked to them prior to buying my (new) HDX572MDL, they told me the
national building code is changing so quickly, that towers of theirs that
were built only a few years ago no longer meet the current code.

Be very careful you don't end up buying a tower that you won't be able to
get a building permit for!  Check with US Tower and your local building
inspector =before= you commit yourself.

Good luck.

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada