[TowerTalk] Computer RFI

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Computer RFI
From: (Doug Westover )
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:31:46 -0700
I've got a DEC VT-220 'dumb terminal' that I use on packet that throws
out crap all over the 20 meter band (in fact that seems to be the ONLY
band that's a problem). I've tried ferrites on the keyboard cable, the
power cord and the serial cable to the TNC, all to no avail. The next
step, I guess, is trying to shield the cabinet interior. Does anyone
have any feeling how good the shielding spray 'gunk' is? Or should I
try to kludge something together with aluminum foil or copper sheet.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug W6JD