[TowerTalk] 8 wire rotor connectors??

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 8 wire rotor connectors??
From: (
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:01:31 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-14 13:28:42 EDT, (Tyler Stewart)

> My feedback from Norm at Norm's Rotor Service is that the original
>  connectorized Hygain rotators had lots of connector problems.  My
>  understanding is that the supposedly weatherproof connector they were
>  using wasnt so waterproof, which led to lots of failures.

     That's true. The connector pins were a huge hassle to install (imagine
trying to do it on the tower - ugh) and although the pin interface was
weather resistant, water could easily enter from the cable end of the
connectors (douche!). I understand that Hy-Gain has changed to a better
connector but I haven't seen one yet.

73,  Steve  K7LXC