[TowerTalk] Follow up on the RFI

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Follow up on the RFI
From: (N9YXA-Cedrick Johnson)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:32:06 +0000
Well, after experimenting with .22uf capacitors in the audio
input/output of my  Radio Smack DSP (solved the interference there),
I put one across the output of the Radio Shack power supply. Bingo!
No more surges, my VHF doesn't keyup when I TX on 40 anymore, the
voltage stays the same. So, I put one across the leads of the 20A
supply powering my Kenwood TS-180.... It used to make the lights go
somewhat dim every time I put full output power. Now, I only notice a
glimmer, and the voltage only drops around 1V from the 14. It used to
drop as much as 3-4 volts!

Thanks for some neat ideas guys, Now I think I'll toy with this idea
with the telephones!
73 de N9YXA        | Cedrick W. Johnson
10X-67368          | Aurora, IL 60506  - Main Site,