[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Best Homeowners Insurance for Hams

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best Homeowners Insurance for Hams
From: (
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:57:54 -0500
JO>Nelson, you might check with your Electrical Power company. KCP&L will
JO>install surge protection at the meter and guarantee at replacement value
JO>any electronics items that are damaged. I believe the cost is around
JO>$4.95 per month plus tax. You may have something similar in your area.
JO>Good luck!
JO>Joe, K0JN

that is... protection from a surge coming in on the electric company
power lines

If the surge came in from the ham radio tower and a marginal ground
and destroyed much electronic equipment, The claim to the power company
may be contested......

P.S. I like the idea of power company applied surge arrestors  for
surges coming down the power lines. I am going to look into that...

Stan, WA1ECF


FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>