Rick's comment is surprising, since MFJ sent me the complete calibration
procedure a few months ago, but FWIW, here is the SWR and Impedence
1. Set the unit to the 1.8-4 Mhz band.
2. Make a 100 ohm dummy load (100 or 2 50 ohm in series or whatever
installed in a PL-259 with leads as short as possible.
3. Looking at the circuit board with the tune capacitor at BOTTOM RIGHT,
IC1 is about 20% down from the top on the right side of the board.
The pot to the left of IC1 is R-17, the SWR adjustment. The pot in the
middle of the 3 below IC1 is the resistance pot.
OK, here we go...
4. Turn the unit on
5. Use the 100 ohm dummy load and adjust R17 until a 2:1 SWR is
6. Replace the 100 ohm dummy load with a 50 ohm dummy load.
7. Adjust R31 until 50 ohms resistance is read.
8. Repeat as necessary until SWR reads 1:1 and impedence meter reads
50. ( never could get mine exactly on 50, but close enough )
And that's it. Don't mess with R-32 ( left hand pot ) or R-18 ( right
hand pot ( AGC ).
BTW, just in case anyone is interested, the pin numbers for IC1 are:
Pin 1. Bottom right. Pin 7 Bottom left. Pin 8 Top left. Pin 14, Top
Hope this helps.
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com