[TowerTalk] Curing Concrete

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Curing Concrete
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 22:56:03 -0700
At 10:35 PM -0700 7/29/97, Chris R. Burger wrote:
>The Phantom wrote:
>> How long do you wait after pouring tower base and guy anchors
>> for the concrete to come to strength before proceeding with the
>> remainder of the installation?
>Concrete strength is specified at 28 days.  Strength is generally
>specified as a pressure, i.e. in MPa (or even in PSI in countries
>that shun international standards).  The concrete continues to
>strengthen while it dries, a process that may continue for years.

Here it is common to specify concrete in terms of "bags per yard," or the
number of bags of cement to a yard of concrete.  For example, the tower
base I just poured was specified as "5.5 bag concrete" even though I ended
up pouring a 6-bag mixture.

Is there a convenient way to convert from the rather crude bag-per-yard
measurement and MPa?

Thanks for the excellent discussion.

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada