[TowerTalk] Now what about a boom!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Now what about a boom!
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:59:50 +0100
I'm rather excited as this is my first tower/yagi project
other than some VHF stuff at my old job.

Many thanks to all who responded in helping ID the tower
and antenna debris collected this past weekend. Prevailing
opinion is that I have an 'old' Mosley 3 ele 40m Yagi and a
Tristao 72' crankup. Looking through some old ham magazines
I see that tristao made two 72 footers. This one is 21.5" between
legs at the base and I'm curious as to whether it is their 30'**2/50mph
rated or the smaller version.

The Mosley 40m yagi is missing the 3" dia boom. Also have 4 x 20m
quad elements (spiders are for 3" boom) and I'd like to put all on
one boom if practical....

But how long(or short)  a boom???
Tradeoffs being expense versus usefulness.
What does 42' of 3"dia aluminum tubing cost anyway?

Also, is there any advantage to going two driven(ala JK)/two
directors with the 20m quad?

Good news, neighbor said, "sure, you're antenna can hang
over my yard" :-)

-bob
WB4MNF