[TowerTalk] Antenna ID positive. Tower still unknown.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna ID positive. Tower still unknown.
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:52:46 +0100
This list is great.
More thanks!

Yagi antennas are.

1) Mosley S403  (3 x 42' ele on 36' boom, manual $20 from Mosley)
2) TA-33 (manual $10 from Mosley)

Mosley makes some fine antennas too. These are at least
10 years old (TA33 may be > 20) and fit and finish is still
beautiful and in spite of a fair amount of banging around,
undented and straight.

Can't wait to get the tower ID positive and start putting this up.
40m CW is my favorite and that S403 even at a lowly 70'
should do very nicely.

If you can't tell, I'm overjoyed at prospect of getting this stuff
up. We've been in the house for 12 years and I'd just about
given up on putting up tower and 40m Yagi because of
expense (have two kids in school taking ALL my income).

A bit more on the tower .
<www.atl.org/antennas/>
In case you can't tell from photos...
Bottom section legs are 1.5" O.D. and look like 3/8" wall.
Center to Center is 21.5" on bottom section and 12.5" on
top section which is set up for a 2" mast. Winch drum is
Aluminum. So far, two Tristao votes and one HyGain vote.

Hopefully this will all come together in time for 40m fall
and winter fun.

-bob
wb4mnf