[TowerTalk] WX & Internet experts?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX & Internet experts?
From: (Mike Bragassa)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:37:12 -0500
Hello Bill:

Just a thought: I have a "lightning alarm" gadget. It has been up 4-5 years
and works well. I have misplaced any papers or identification for it. I
,mounted it on a 6 foot rod in the back yard and the coax runs into the
shack and sounds an alarm if lightning is near about. As I recall, the
higher one mounts it, the farther it detects. At the above heigth, I would
say it is good for 5-6 miles out..(If had it 'gpoing out' farther, here in
SE Texas, it would be buzzing all the time.)

Maybe that could be keyed to the AC. Instead of (and/or) the alarm: Kills
the AC.

Maybe someone may know of a source for thewse gadgets. It seems there was a
discussion on these several years ago.

73  de Mike K5UO