[TowerTalk] Phillystran & mast questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran & mast questions
From: marien@ix.netcom.com (Rick Marien)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:09:30
        I am in the process of putting up my first tower and I have some
questions on the "duty level" needed for my situation without excess
expense or overkill.

        My current situation:   Rohn 25G up 40'
                                Short hinged base section for concrete
                                concrete base measures 4'x 4'x 3'deep
                                3 screw-in guy anchors 48" x 6" auger
                                Antenna: Mosley TA-34XL-WARC (21'boom 5 ele
7.7sf per sales catalog)
                                Live in Dallas/Ft.Worth area

        My question is, can I safely use the HPTG2100 phillystran instead of the
HPT4000?  And concerning the mast, I'd like to use 10' carbon steel mast that
Texas Towers sells but I don't know what thickness I need .12 or maybe .18?

        Any opinions?

        73,  Rick N5SHX