[TowerTalk] Gap Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap Vertical
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 11:53:26 -0400 (EDT)
I put one together and erected it for a local ham, checked the tuning, made a
few contacts, etc... I don't think much of it... For an (almost) all band
vertical I would urge the R7000+ , but that is more than 300 bucks... If at
all possible spend the money on tower sections to hold up wire antennas until
you can afford something better... If a multi band vertical is the absolute
ONLY way you can get on the air, then try like heck to find a HyTower...
Alternatively, build a Grand Rapids Special for the lower bands, and a home
brew vertical for 20/15/10... Lots of plans in the ARRL Antenna
Compendiums...

Denny