[TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40 addon for A3 tribander

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40 addon for A3 tribander
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 10:25:08 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:48:35 -0500 "Harper, David" <HARPERD@TX.SLR.com>
writes:

>  When the tower goes up, I am considering putting a 2-el
>shorty-forty over the A4, and changing the add-on kit to 30 meters.

Sounds like a good idea to me, but try to get 9-11' spacing between them.
The most sensible way to do this, tho much more expensive, is a Ring
Rotor.  Second choice:  a side mount for the lower one.  If a side mount,
which limits rotation, put the 40 on the side mount, because the
beamwidth is so much wider that you'll be able to work your "dead spot"
azimuth anyway.

                        Fred K1VR