[TowerTalk] Using VOX & 2m to key rig while adjusting antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using VOX & 2m to key rig while adjusting antennas
From: stunroe@orion.branch-co.lib.mi.us (stu)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 01:10:40 -0500
Using oddball freq's & PL tones will go a long way to prevent someone
elses radio from keying your rig. Ringing telephones, barking dogs,
kids, & xyl's would also have to be kept from tripping the VOX. My luck
I'd be hanging onto the antenna when the friendly telemarketer rings in
on the phone in the shack wanting to sell me siding & vinyl windows.

73 Steve