[TowerTalk] Lightning Surge Protectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Surge Protectors
From: stan@ccsnet.com (stan@ccsnet.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 00:35:30 -0500
The LYNICS devices that I reviewed were indeed RF coaxial connectored
lightning protection devices... BUT they only use a gas discharge
device.
NO static discharge protection was designed in...

They are useful devices but on par with CUSHCRAFT, HOFI, and DIAMOND
branded lightning protection surge arrestors...

The ICE lightning protection devices IMHO are more cost effective...
and provide a static discharge path to ground.

Stan, WA1ECF   Cape Cod, MA   FN41sr

K1>In case you missed it at Dayton this past spring, a new exhibitor was on
K1>hand:

K1>Lynics International Corporation, Newnan, GA, 770/251-2235, e-mail
K1>103222@compuserve.com

K1>They are selling surge protectors, in line, connectorized.

K1>I received a six page photocopied mailing from them after the show,
K1>written in English and Taiwenglish (sample:  "Recommendable
K1>Installation").  Seemed like nice people, a husband and wife combination.
K1> I haven't bought anything from them.  However, I know that TT readers
K1>are always interested in new sources of parts.

K1>[Note to K7LXC:  These guys may have something you'd like to add to your
K1>catalog.]

K1>Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
K1>Six Willarch Road
K1>Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
K1>permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

K1>--