[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower Question
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:24:12 -0400 (EDT)
Ken,
Yes, your proposed approach will work, but a few additional points to
consider:

 - Pipe is a very non-cost effective structural shape for this
application!  You would be much better off to find a junkyard that sells
I-beams.  This is very commonly available, and a far more efficient shape
for structural side-loads than pipe.

- Plan on using  L O T S  of concrete!  The foundation must resist the
overturning moment that the I-beam (or pipe) will apply to the foundation.

73
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com