[TowerTalk] Re: Top Guy Location

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Top Guy Location
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:45:52 -0400 (EDT)
We are going through the same phase on a 55G installation now, I would
appreciate some feedback from the group on the following:

The fact of the matter is that the rotor is below the top of the tower and it
is the point where twisting of a tower due to starting/stopping of the rotor
- or wind pressure on the yagis...let's say a high wind is pushing on your
stack of yagis, that rotary force on your mast will pass to the rotator,s
brake wedge (if applicable) and then to its housing, to the rotor plate, and
to the tower.....NOT at the top of the tower but say 10 ft down....at the
point where the rotor is.

Aren't the guys supposed to be a contributor to NOT having the tower twist?
Isn't that why Rohn sells torque bars.  If you answer yes, it seems the top
set of guys should be at the rotor level....

(for those who prefer, in the above you may substitute rotator for rotor)

AND BY THE WAY....anyone have guy insulators for sale (oops, I bastardized my
posting on this site)

73,

Jim K4OJ