[TowerTalk] Antenna Gain Figures in QST Ads?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Gain Figures in QST Ads?
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 11:07:03 -0400
> > 64. On motion of Mr. Frenaye, seconded by Mr. Heyn, it was VOTED that in
> > light of the advances made in modeling and measurement of antenna
> > performance
> > in recent years, the Executive Vice President is directed to prepare a
> > report
> > for the 1998 Annual Meeting on the issues involved and any recommendations
> > for change in the current advertising policy related to antenna gain
> > figures.
> >
> Translation:" The more unconfirmed data we allow will increase out
> revenues."

I hardly follow that line of reasoning!

I don't see a lack of antenna ads in QST now, so there likely is no
effect on the bottom line.  The study is intended to see if QST
can bring more information to readers without the "marketing hyperists"
getting away with murder. Not that any marketing type would ever intend
to deceive anyone (:-)

J.P. W2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."