[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower query.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower query.
From: KJ6Y@aol.com (KJ6Y@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:07:09 -0400 (EDT)
Bob, Having install and worked on many LM-470s, a house bracket is not needed
and won't make the tower any stronger. If the tower were to fail in the fully
extended position in a high wind, they fold over at the top of the 2nd
section. My own LM-470 has a 22 ft mast with 18 ft out the top. Antennas are
from top to bottom, 2 meter verticle, KT34XA, Create 75-80 meter rotatable
dipole and a KLM 3 element 40.
It is slightly overloaded, but by lowering the tower when the winds pick up,
I've had no trouble in 14 years. Just last year I took everthing down,
recable the tower and rebuilt all the antennas and hopefully be good for
another 14 years.
LM-470s are excellent towers.
Skip, KJ6Y
Communications Service Co.