[TowerTalk] RG8X

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG8X
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 00:00:20 -0400 (EDT)
been a long time since I was called a gentleman!

I was surveying the troups as to whether RG8X would be suitable for feed
lines at 3.5 MHz....my interest specifically being for feed lines of sloping
dipoles, results:

everyone said that at 3.5 MHz I need not worry about losses and that 1.5KW
should be fine - only potential problem being in the event of an incredible
mismatch.

As long as I cut the dipoles' lengths correctly I should be "good to go"

(In a later posting I queried as to whether I should be worried about using
RG8X in the Florida climate as it is a foam coax....Iagain, almost unanimous
response was not to worry about it....it will be fine - others opted that the
flexibility of the stranded center conductor will make it more like to survey
being waved around in the winds.

de

Jim, K4OJ