[TowerTalk] T2X info tnx

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X info tnx
From: stratto@tiac.net (stratto)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 07:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
I wish to thank all (tower talk reflector) that replied to my request for
info for repairing my T2X.

Problem:
My Original request for help email summary, no meter indication, and no 13
vdc between 3 and 7.  I had replaced all the diodes, and the 13 volt zener.
All the replacement parts where obtained at radio shack for abt $4.  After
replacement of diodes still no 13 vdc, however the I had 500 ohms between
3/7 so i knew the pot in the rotator was still ok.

Solution:
What the problem turned out to be, was on replacement of one of the diodes,
a good solder joint looked fine, but with an voltmeter I was not getting the
26vac at the anode of CR1. Reheated the solder connection, 13vdc came up,
and the meter indication worked fine. Unit REPAIRED!

Beware:

Further IMPORTANT note: I climbed my tower for winter inspection(as I always
do late summer/early fall), and noticed that 2 of screws holding the rotator
bell together had lost their associated lock washer and nut! And two other
of the screw/nut assemblies where lose. So the lesson here is to climb the
tower and check the rotator screws, don't assume they are tight!..

Again, to those on the tower talk reflectore thanks for your input, have a
great dx and contesting season.

73s,,

eds

w1zz