[TowerTalk] KT34XA PROBLEMS RESOLVED

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34XA PROBLEMS RESOLVED
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 18:06:13 -0400
Geez, I forgot all about those stinkin' peanuts!  I had to replace a few of
those myself.  The older ones are made of the tranlucent plastic that
cracks up in sunlight over time, same as the old cap tube insulators.  The
new ones are blue, like the new cap tube insulators, and, while soft, dont
break up.  The real key is not to overtighten that joint, but your solution
of an aluminum insert is really the best way to fix it for good.

Glad you were victorious Larry!

73, Ty K3MM