[TowerTalk] TH-7 on a TIC ring

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-7 on a TIC ring
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 20:26:25 +0000
On  6 Sep 97, John Brosnahan <> wrote:

> I'm mounting a TH-7 on a small TIC ring.  Have a couple of ideas
> on how to mate them, but looking for any alternative suggestions.
> Any clever ideas on how to do the job without causing problems
> with the transmission line between the dual driven elements?
> Thanks--John  W0UN
Hi John - Been there, done that! I just mounted it off center
(believe it was abt 1 foot, but can't recall exactly). The TIC is
certinaly rugged enough to handle this slightly off-center load.
To support the backstays, I took a piece of angle iron with holes in
it, and connected it to the outer 2 bolts of the assembly that holds
the two boom halves together. Then took a 3 ft piece of thin walled 2
inch OD tubing, and attached it verttically to the angle iron with a
U bolt. Then just connect your back stays to it (a lot cheaper than
springing for TIC's backstay support).

73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: