[TowerTalk] Big Grip Installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big Grip Installation
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 21:38:31 -0500
I have been out this weekend putting guy grips on guywires and I would
like to add to Frank Donavan's excellent advice.  As someone pointed out
on this reflector recently, a screwdriver is very helpful in finishing
the last wrap of the grips.  The leading wire tends to fold under the
other wires and the flat-blade screwdriver will pop it into place.  The
grips are rated at about the same strength as 1/4" cable, with the last
turn properly in place.

Chuck, KE5FI