[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Wind Load Capability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Wind Load Capability
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 02:13:58 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-09 01:04:19 EDT, jmohler@bga.com writes:

> I have 50 feet of un-guyed Rohn 25G with a house bracket at 20 feet from
>  ground. Can anyone please tell me what the Rohn specificatons call out for
>  maximum wind loading under those conditions. Thanks.

    Actually, about zero. Rohn specs only allow about 15 feet or so above the
top housebracket (two are specified).

     For a 50 foot tower of 25G with the top bracket at 36 feet (leaving 14
feet of naked tower), the 70 MPH wind load capacity is 14.6 sq.ft. The bottom
housebracket is at 18 feet.

    More detailed information is contained in the Rohn pamphlet,
"Manufacturer's Technical Information for Bracketed or Self Supporting
Towers". It's available free from TOWER TECH. SASE to Box 572, Woodinville,
WA, 98072.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

    TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs and Rohn dealer