[TowerTalk] Metal House Siding and Antennas

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Metal House Siding and Antennas
From: (Nelson P. Moyer, Ph.D.)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:25:22 -0500
I have to put siding on my house. I would prefer to use metal, rather than
vinyl. I have a TH11 on a 50 foot tower set about 5 feet from the house. I'm
concerned about detuning the antenna, and rectification or harmonics from
resonant lengths of siding.  Does anyone have any experience with aluminum or
steel siding under a similiar tower/antenna?

I apologize for sending this to 3 reflectors, but I need an immediate response
so I can sign a contract, and I want to reach as many hams as possible.