[TowerTalk] mobile antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mobile antenna
From: mwalker@geronimo.legato.com (Mike Walker)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:10:28 -0400
At 09:40 PM 9/9/97 -0500, Douglas johnson wrote:
>Jim Howard wrote:
>>
>> Several years ago there was an article about building a mobile antenna
>> called a "screwdriver antenna".  Does anyone know the magazine and
>> month that this article appeared.
>> Jim, k5tc
>>
>> --
>> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
>> Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
>> Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
>> Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
>> Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
>TRY QST OCT 1982 P. 15 DON JOHNSON, "MOBILE ANTENNA
>MATCHING--AUTOMATICALLY!"    ......DOUG,W9IIX

Jim

I own a High Sierra antenna and I would recommend it highly.  I have used
it for over a year with great success.  I've looked at several, and this
one is one of the best quality ones I've seen.  It is quite professionally
done.

http://www.hsantennas.com/info

The HS-1500 antenna is an enhanced version of our 3rd generation product,
the model HS-1000. The antenna now incorporates experience gained in
producing over 1500 hf mobile
antennas. Here are some product highlights:

     Expanded frequency coverage--1800kHz to 54MHz
     "High Tech" capacity hat--based on conical surface
     Special high-performance RV modification available
     New motor and gear drive--facilitates future options
     Painted versions of antenna (choice of black or white) now available:
Very nice!
     Mounts for almost any vehicle
     High-power/high-temperature center loading coil
     Exclusive "decoupler" system--no copper fingers
     Improved matching system
     Remote control panel with limit indicator

Mike   VA3MW
Michael K. Walker                   Legato Systems (Canada) Inc.
Escalation Managment                     3390 South Service Road
(905) 637-4738                                    Burlington, ON
http://www.legato.com                                    L7N 3J5
pager:  1480111@pagemart.net