[TowerTalk] Dipole Height on the low bands

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipole Height on the low bands
From: (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:44:16 -0300
Dear friends,

We all know that the height of a dipole over the ground deeply
influences the take-off angle of a horizontaly polarized antenna. With a
higher antenna we should expect a lower radiation angle. Right?

Well, we also know that for 80m we need at least 1/2 wavelenght in order
to obtain a 30 degrees angle. For that we need a very high tower! But if
we install a dipole for 80 meters on the top of a very tall building?
What happens? Can we expect a low angle or not, or there are more
parameters involved on it?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos - PY1CAS