[TowerTalk] Force12 x Cushcraft - Verticals for 80

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force12 x Cushcraft - Verticals for 80
From: (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 15:36:39 -0400
Carlos Augusto S. Pereira wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have been searching information about the best  80 meters shortned
> vertical available in the market and I stopped at two antennas:
> 1) The Force12 EF-180BV (Linear loading)
> 2) The Cushcraft AV80 (Top loading)
> Has anyone experienced one of these verticals? With my reading
> experience I would choose the Cushcraft due to the top loading!

Although I'm not normally a fan of MFJ, you should look at the MFJ-1792 which is
a toploaded 33 ft. vertical for 80/40. These work extremely well. To be honest,
I've never even heard either of these other antennas on the air. Are they
relatively new to the market?

Rolfe, W1VC

Rolfe Tessem           |       Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.          |       96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029         |       New York, NY 10014