[TowerTalk] Replacing/adding ground rods

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replacing/adding ground rods
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 15:50:45 +0000
I am planning on adding (or replacing) some ground rods to my tower
ground. The present rods have been in about 8 years. Should I
assume these are corroded, leave them as is, and just add additional
rods/connections as if they don't exist? Would there be any harm in
leaving the old rods connected, such as oversaturating an area of
ground in case of a hit?

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: