[TowerTalk] Driving ground rods

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Driving ground rods
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 21:25:12 +0000
Hi Towertalkians:
I recall dscussion several months ago about driving ground rods.
Somone mentioned using an electric jackhammer. I've called a few
rental places, and what I've come up with is this:
1. A 32 lb. electric jackhammer. It requires a special square bit,
and you can't just shove a ground rod in it.
2. A 66 lb "ground rod driver" made for that purpose.

#1 apparently won't hold a round bit.
#2 seems a bit unwieldy to carry 66 lbs up a 6 ft ladder

Other ideas invited...
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: