No subject

To: <>
Subject: No subject
From: (david l hyman)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 07:56:52 -0600
Hello, Tower Talkians . . .

Here's my problem that maybe you can offer some solutions to:

THE SITUATION: I have a Telex Hygain Explorer 14 sitting on top of a
Telex Hygain 52' crankup. The Explorer (10, 15, 20 plus a 40 m add-on)
has beautiful SWR on all frequencies EXCEPT 10 meters.

Ten meters has an SWR of 5:1 across the entire band. It resonates at

Hy-Gain has been EXTREMELY helpful  (particularly Barb in the Sales Dept
. . . very knowledgeable lady) . . . even sent a pair of replacement
traps. No change.

WHAT I'VE DONE: I tipped the tower and double checked all the
measurements of the elements. One thing I DIDN'T do was to re-check the
measurements BETWEEN each element. I
will do THAT this weekend.

With 10 meter resonance so far off . . . it would appear that I'll have
to start adjusting of the 10 meter element until resonance improves.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

73 de Dave KB0ONF