[TowerTalk] Aztec Balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aztec Balun
From: grimm@alison.sbc.edu (Kenneth D. Grimm)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:32:19 -0400
Somehow I missed this one.  In the Instruction Manual for my new Force
12 antenna there is reference to the Aztec balun.  Who makes this?  How
much does it cost? How is it different from the W2DU balun?  The manual
suggests that the W2DU can add significantly to the length of the driven
element whereas the Aztec doesn't affect it as much or at all.  Anyone
help on this?  I've got a couple of W2DUs that I was planning on using
on the EF-420/240, but now I'm thinking I might just roll up some coax
to use as chokes at the feedpoints.

73,
Ken K4XL
grimm@alison.sbc.edu